Formerly Cramer's Trading Post
Trading Post, 916 Poplar, 1936
OF DODIE HOHN
CLICK ON IMAGE TO OPEN
A BIG VERSION IN A NEW WINDOW
at 916 Poplar and N. Last Chance Gulch, the Hi-Way Market was a
handy stop on the way to Canyon Ferry or Lakeside. The combination
market and service station was opened in 1935 by Arthur Cramer
as Cramer's Trading Post. Cramer also operated a livestock
auction, held south of the market on National Avenue. There
was also a small trailer park north of the market. Jimmy Hopkins
and John Smovir (1888-1976)
took over in 1949. The store closed early in 1970.
Here is Arthur E. Cramer's obituary from the Independent Record,
Advertising Plaque, 1940s
Approx. 5.5" x 3.75"
OF KENNON BAIRD
Changed to Hi-Way Market, 1949
Feature About North Side Businesses, 1951
original building was remodeled and enlarged over the years.