started as the Helena Cabin Camp in 1935. It was built by Clifford J. and Blanche Mildred Wilmer. Clifford's dates are 1894-1956, Blanche's are 1900-1951. Of course, it has had numerous owners over the decades. The name was changed in the 1950s to the Helena Motel, and it became the Lamplighter Motel about 1963.
They are still in business. They also have a facebook page.
Looks Like the 1970s
BY KERRY BROWN - 2010
PHOTO BY TOM KILMER • CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE IN A NEW WINDOW
back to HOTELS & MOTELS